Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Travels in the Scriptorium by Paul Auster

Best Blogger Tips
Travels in the Scriptorium: A Novel In Travels in the Scriptorium an old man, referred to only as Mr. Blank, awakens in a white room with no memory of who he is or how he arrived there. There are only a few items in the room: a bed, a telephone, a desk, and chair. On the desk is a manuscript about another imprisoned man in a world unlike his own. Slowly, with the help of a stack of photographs and a few visitors, Mr. Blank begins to unravel the truth about his dark past.

I picked up this book because it was a great bargain and I thought it seemed very interesting. I really like books that are strange, eerie, and much different than the bestsellers. The beginning of this book definitely had my attention. It is very similar to the beginning of Butler's Fledgling. The main characters in these novels are disoriented and have no idea who they are. So you learn about them and their surroundings along with them. The book started to lose my understanding/interest when Mr. Blank starts to read the manuscript. I was confused the whole way through and I didn't even understand the ending that ties everything together.

It took me so long to read the book because I lost interest. So I give this book a Thumbs Down.

Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Bookmark Gadgets

No comments:

Post a Comment